Low Graphics Version     
How Do I...VisitingLivingWorkingDepartmentsCalendarsServices
Homepage > Departments > Finance > FAQsE-mail storyPrint friendly format
Online Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How much will my business license cost?

A. A "General Business" with 10 or less employees, located in 5,000 or less square feet, will pay $88 per year. Each additional employee over the 10th is an additional $109. Each square foot of space over 5,000 is $0.21 per square foot. For a complete list of all types of business license fees, call the Business License Department at (310) 524-2327.

Q. How much of my property tax does the City of El Segundo receive?

A. The City of El Segundo receives approximately seven cents ($0.064) of the 1% L.A. County share of property tax paid by the property owners of El Segundo.

Q. How can I get my company on the City's Bidders' List?

A. The City does not maintain a Bidders' List, however you can send a line card, brochure and letter (including (3) references preferably in the public sector) including your business card to the Purchasing Agent located at 350 Main Street, El Segundo, CA 90245-3813 for placement into a vendor file.

Q. How much am I charged for trash pick-up and street sweeping?

A. The City of El Segundo does not charge residents for street sweeping. Single family residents are not charged for trash hauling either. Commercial property owners must hire their own trash hauler.

Q. How can I obtain a City budget or Comprehensive Annual Financial Report?

A. Budgets are available for check-out from the public library. There are counter copies available for viewing from the Finance and City Clerk's departments. Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports can be obtained by calling David Davis, Finance Manager, at (310) 524-2320.

Q. How do I sign up for water services?

A. If you are renting you will need to submit a completed water service order form and a $36.00 ($100.00 for commercial buildings) deposit payable to the City of El Segundo. Property owners can follow the same procedures minus the deposit. This can be done in person, by mail or by fax for property owners. Payments made in person can be done at City Hall in the Finance Department.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 City of El Segundo, 350 Main Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 ¬∑ 310-524-2300 | Website Privacy Policy. Powered by