Low Graphics Version     
How Do I...VisitingLivingWorkingDepartmentsCalendarsServices
Homepage > Departments > Recreation and Parks > FAQE-mail storyPrint friendly format
Online Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How do I get a Recreation I.D. Card?

You must be an El Segundo Resident to register for a Recreation I.D. Card.  Please come to the Checkout Building or George E. Gordon Clubhouse at Recreation Park and bring proof of residency. We accept one of the following: current and valid CA driver's license with El Segundo address or two (2) utility bills from your current residence indicating your name and El Segundo address. The I.D. card is effective immediately and expires every December 31st.

Q. How much does a Recreation I.D. Card Cost?

A. Recreation I.D. Card Fees: Effective October 2014
    Infants (ages 0-3) $5
    Children (ages 17 and under) $10

    Adults (ages 18 - 61) $15

Senior Citizens (62 years and older) $5

Q. How do I reserve a tennis or racquetball court?

A. Call 310-524-2700

Q. How do I make a picnic reservation?

A. Call 310-524-2700

Q. How do I get information regarding Class Registration & Drama Productions?
Contact the George E. Gordon Clubhouse at 310-524-2362

Q. How do I get information on Senior and Transportation services?
 Contact the Joslyn Center at 310-524-2705

Q. How do I get information regarding Adult Sports or reserving a field?

A. Click here or call 310-524-2700

Q. How can my children get involved in a youth sports league?

A. Visit our Programs and Activities page by clicking here or by calling 310-524-2700.

Q. Where are the swimming pools in El Segundo?

A. The Urho Saari Swim Stadium (aka "The Plunge") is located at 219 W. Mariposa Ave. The phone number is 310-524-2738. The swim stadium has two (2) enclosed pools; a regulation pool with diving area and a shallow water teaching pool.  The City also has two outdoor pools available during the summer months, located at Hilltop Park, on the northwest corner of Maryland Street at Grand Avenue and at Acacia Park in the 600 block of West Acacia Avenue.  Both outdoor pools are shallow water pools.

Q. Where are the city parks located?

A. See the "Parks" section on the side menu our website or click here.

Q. Who handles city street tree services?

A. The Parks Maintenance Division of the Recreation and Parks Department.  For more information call 310-524-2716.

Q. Who can reserve facilities at Recreation Park?

A. Residents, non-residents and companies may reserve picnic areas and facilities. Click here for the fee chart pertaining to facility rentals. For more information on our parks and facilities, please visit our "Recreation Facilities" page.

Q. What does it cost to swim at the City Plunge?

A. For recreational and lap swim, there is no charge to residents with a current Recreation I.D. Card.  For non-residents and residents without a Recreation I.D. Card the price is $5.00 per swim.

Q. How can I find out what recreation programs are offered by the City?

A. The listing of our programs and events, El Segundo Insider is published quarterly (winter, spring, summer and fall.) They are available in the El Segundo Herald and at all Recreation facilities. You can find a copy of the current edition on our Brochure and Programs page.

Q. What do I need to do to get the tree in front of my house trimmed?

A. Call our Parks Department at 310-524-2709.  They will evaluate the condition of the tree and schedule trimming if necessary.

Please call the Recreation & Parks Department at 310-524-2700 if you were unable to find the answer you were looking for.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 City of El Segundo, 350 Main Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 · 310-524-2300 | Website Privacy Policy. Powered by